Thursday, 20 March 2014

Money saving tips (4)

Money saving tips (4)

Went to Silom Soi 4 yesterday (Wed 19.03.2014) with a friend. While we were sitting in Stranger, I noticed a Farang sitting on the steps of Bearbie bar, with a bottle of beer in his hand, for about half an hour.

I walk to the end of the soi and back to Silom without buying a drink regularly, just to check what's going on, but wouldn't go as far as to bring my own drink and sit on the ground or steps to save money.

Later that night (still in Soi 4), I came across Black Woman, she joined us and ordered a drink (coke, 60 Baht). But she was hungry and wanted to go elsewhere. So she gave me 2 20 Baht notes, put the third back into her bag, rummaged around until she found a 5 and a 1 Baht which she gave to me, commenting that she still owes me 14 Baht which she will give to me next time we meet. Needless to say, she will have forgotten about it and I won't bring it up.

Amazing, what some people do to save some Baht!

2 comments:

  1. 14 baht is not sum so you're right to shrug it off but she showed low class and for that reason I'd stay away from her, you deserve better that being subject of her cheap treats.

    as for lonely farang with bottle -possibly it was everything he cold afford, there are quite a few of those wandering South East Asia

    ReplyDelete
  2. consider if her friendship is worth the low class action of hers?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.