Wednesday, 5 March 2014

Words of praise: Tom Kha Gai at Moon House

Words of praise: Tom Kha Gai at Moon House

I have been eating Tom Kha Gai at Moon House almost every week over the last months, and every one was as delicious as the previous one. Their watermelon fruit shake is fantastic, as well. Now I just walk in and say เหมือนเดิม ("as before") and sit down.

Tom Kha Gai 70 Baht, rice 10, watermelon fruit shake 40; worth every Satang.



The trick is to cut the chicken in thin slices instead of cubes/lumps. And of course to use only good meat, I had Tom Kha Gai with bone splinters and tendons in two places, meat I wouldn't feed to my dog (figure of speech, I don't have a dog). And to get the right amount of spice, in Luang Prabang on the river I had one that was bland (in addition to bone splinters).

I have written about Tom Kha Gai before:
http://www.gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=6036&start=0

Update May 2015: 
restaurant closed for renovation, will open in June.

Copyright 2014 ChristianPFC

6 comments:

  1. Short but sweet post Christian. The mention of Luang Prabang reminds me, were you not in Laos at the end of January/beginning of February?
    Are we going to get an account of your travels there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, but be patient, I am busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So where is this moon house?
    Indeed what you get as you order this dish can vary between sun and moon, in spicyness and contents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Moon House is restaurant and guest house (simple rooms, about 500 Baht per night or even less) on Soi Sribampen, opposite of entrance/exit of parking area of Ibis hotel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I continue eating there twice a week, great taste every time I go. Several Thai and Farang friend praise the food as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There were closed for renovation May and June (extended to left side), re-open 02.07.2015, I had lunch on 03.07.2015, Tom Kha Gai now 80 Baht (before 70), everything else as before (furniture, menu).

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.