Saturday, 10 May 2014

Some observations in Sathorn

Some observations in Sathorn

----- Food scandal

Th following picture shows a plate of fried chicken with cashew nuts that I had in a restaurant in Sathorn. However, if you take a closer look, you will notice that there are peanuts among them. I noticed it by taste. I like cashew nuts, I don't like peanuts. Peanuts are much cheaper, therefore bars or restaurants sometimes serve peanuts, but never cashew nuts.



----- Big Brother is watching you!

The following sign appears more like a threat than an assurance of my safety.


----- Collecting used batteries for recycling

In Germany, there are boxes for used batteries in every supermarket, but not so in Thailand. Separation of waste in innate, so I took used batteries back to Germany for disposal because I couldn't find a proper place in Thailand. But Ibis Sathorn hotel has a box for used batteries! (Let's hope they don't just dump them in the general waste when the box is full.)


Copyright 2014 ChristianPFC

4 comments:

  1. WELCOME BACK, chicken cashew nuts is my favorite oriental dish,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, the first 3-4 years or so, it feels kind of strange to dispose your empty batteries along with everything else. And light bulbs. You'll get used to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not so much light bulb, but I often see fluorescent lamps sticking out of waste containers on the street. They should be disposed off separately.

    Sometimes I see waste collectors handling waste (searching for useful stuff) without gloves, I wonder how they manage not to get injured by broken glass or sharp metal in the waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your blog and your gay life path. :-) I am Thai. Do you use IGs? Here's mine @mossymouse. You seemed to like an adventurous life. Finding new things. Wish we could chat....

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.