Tuesday, 17 June 2014

Ornamental street signs

Ornamental street signs

I noticed ornamental street signs in Thailand before, but didn't think more of it until I became aware of this website:

http://www.nomadicnotes.com/travel-blog/ornamental-street-signs-of-thailand/

Here my own collection of ornamental street signs in Thailand. 

Roi Et:



That's a wot โหวด [wòːt] and the numbers I-0-I (101, Roi Et means 101 in Thai):



The wot occurs in lampposts as well:



And they even have wot monuments in the park:



I saw this only one time in Roi Et, for a small dead end soi:



Nang Rong (Buriram province, closest town to Panom Rung):



Buriram:










 
Chanthaburi:





Koh Si Chang (island near Sri Ratcha):



Chiang Rai:






Bangkok:










This sign is labelled as temporary:




Pattaya:




This one point to the public park above the "PATTAYA city" sign on Phratamnak hill:



(I will add more pictures when I come across new designs.)

Aranyaprathet (between border crossing and town)
 


Copyright 2014 ChristianPFC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.