Sunday, 24 August 2014

Oh my god! (8) Toothpaste that looks like ...

Oh my god! (8) Toothpaste that looks like ...

Last year, I bought Twin Lotus Herbal Toothpaste (ดอกบัวคู่ ยาสีฟันสมุนไพร) because it contains cuttlefish bone (ลิันเทเล), and I was wondering long time if there is anything useful you can do with cuttlefish bone. When I used it, I found "Dark, Coarse and Bitter are good, because it is made from natural herbs" to be true, especially the "dark" part: the toothpaste looks like ground coffee (my readers might have other associations).



My dentist in England told me that an amount of toothpaste equal to the size of a pea is sufficient (however advertising shows toothpaste covering the whole brush), so let me share this money saving tip here as well.

Copyright 2014 ChristianPFC

4 comments:

  1. I wonder if cuttlefish bone has any remedial properties or is just filler to make paste paste

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cuttlefish bone obviously has no remedial properties in its intended use and acts only as an abrasive to help clean the teeth, in the same way that microbeads work, that are added to toothpaste in huge volumes, and eventually end up polluting our waterways and oceans. So thumbs up to CPFC for using a 'green' alternative.

    I wonder! why the the fuck do you have to make comment on every post? your beginning to bore me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My question is how well did it work on cleaning your teeth. Would you recommend it over other toothpastes? I also share vinapu's intelligent question.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the cuttlefish bone is just a filler/abrasive. Other toothpaste contain silica or titanium dioxide or ground marble (chemically the same as cuttlefish bone - calcium carbonate), all of them are produced from rocks, in case of silica or titanium dioxide involving a lot of chemistry.

    I am happy with the results of this toothpaste, but next I will buy toothpaste that contains salt because I like the taste of salt.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.