Saturday, 9 August 2014

The Beach Khon Kaen Sauna

The Beach Khon Kaen Sauna

(Part of "The Beach Tangmo" group, named after Danny The Beach (?) famous figure in the gay scene)

http://www.thebeach-g-thailand.com/khonkaen.html

Seems to be the only gay sauna in entire Esaan:
http://www.nickysgaythailand.com/gay-thailand/beach-khon-kaen/

An old but interesting post:
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/164479-sauna-in-khon-kaen/

A few km from town center, in opposite direction to the university, that might explain the complete lack of students when I was there.

Location:
16.4333858,102.8627097 = 16°26'00.2"N 102°51'45.8"E
Access from Sri Chan Soi 30 (Soi Benja) or Brachasamoson road.

Numbering of Sois in Sri Chan is irregular, something like Soi 10, 12, 14, 26, 28, 16, 18, 30 (from memory).

Thursday and Saturday naked days, other days underwear or boxer. 

Friday, 01.08.2014

Before going to the sauna, I watched boys play football at the lake, 3 out of 10 were my type, so I went to the sauna with high expectations (having a student population of 40,000 in mind).



A friend takes me there in his car, enter sauna 20:15.
Pay entry 99 Baht. There are about 15 to 20 customers, with a turnover of less than 10 per hour, during the time I spent there. No cute face, no nice body, no nice underwear. Everything a bit run down. 

The layout is weird (inside balcony, strange stairways), walking through the place feels a bit like being in an M. C. Escher drawing.



1st floor (ground floor) reception, locker, lounge, bar, shower.
2nd floor cruising area, rooms.
3rd floor sauna, steam room, cruising area, rooms.
(from memory, excuse inaccuracies)

During my stay, there was electricity failure (I was close enough to see and hear the spark somewhere in the wiring), resulting in partial darkness in the hallway. Then staff switched on the light, hallway brightly lit.

I realize that I waste my time and leave 21:05. Ask staff what day and time there will be more customers: Monday and Wednesday (59 Baht entry) around 8 pm. 

Usually I visit saunas at least twice to get a balanced impression, but in this case one visit has to suffice: don't bother.

Update Sep 2016: might be closed
http://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?18174-Beach-Resort-Khon-Kaen

Update 18jan2017: is closed
Bangkok The Beach confirmed that their Khon Kaen branch has closed and has been so for months. I visited a few days ago and 4 months ago. All in blackness. Dolphin massage looks a bit like falling a part. Only had a few boys.  
http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10756-beach-khon-kaen/

Update 10feb2017: found an old article about the sauna:
http://www.stickyrice.ws/?view=konkaen 

Copyright 2014 ChristianPFC (except for the Escher drawing)

2 comments:

  1. I have been to Beach a few times and enjoyed the visits. Linked up enough and one guy drove me back to the hotel. Care needs to be taken with lighting and slippery surfaces. There is also Mun-day or Munday sauna near the university .
    http://www.mundaysauna.com/
    Dolphin massage near the cbd has some friendly boys. This used to be a sauna also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Went in search of munday. Walked around the U inn area and encounted soi dogs. Called their number but only had laughs in reply. Desk girl at U inn called for me too (nice of her) and had same response. I give up. 20 mins before a taxi stopped.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.