Thursday, 12 February 2015

2014 in numbers

2014 in numbers

Thais call "New Year" ค้าดาว or เคาท์ดาวน์ which comes from English "countdown" but sounds more like "khao dao". Thais with medium command of English will ask "Where do you go for Happy New Year?".

Let me thank my 4 regular readers and 7 lurkers for their loyalty.

In 2014, I consumed alcohol (beer, whisky, alcoholic drinks offered to me of unknown provenance) equivalent to about 10 liters of beer.



In 2014 I visited 15 provinces (only spending a night in a hotel counts): Chiang Rai, Chonburi (Koh Si Chang several times, Pattaya many times), Srisaket (twice), Roi Et (twice), Ang Thong, Buriram (twice), Chanthaburi, Khon Kaen, Ubon Ratchathani, Nakhon Sri Thammarat, Phuket, Chiang Mai, Kanchanaburi, Lopburi, Phichit; and 3 countries on border runs or visa runs: Lao, Cambodia, Singapore. More than ever before.

In previous years I have been to Chiang Mai, Surat Thani (Koh Samui), Lopburi, Bueng Gan and Chachoengsao.

I hitchiked about 15 times and got offered about 5 free rides (i.e. I didn't ask for a ride), and got scammed once (rigged meter). Some dozen taxi drivers quoted a fixed fare, but I didn't fall for any of them, in fact I only ask to confirm a previous rule: a standing taxi in Silom or Surawong (sometimes even a driving taxi) will refuse to use the meter. Occasionally, there are reports of people accepting these fares. I discourage my readers to do so, these touts are a nuisance, they block one lane, force passengers to hail a taxi from the second lane and thereby disrupt traffic.

I had sex about 100 times. Of these 100, 15 were good, 10 were a mistake, and 75 so-so (in case of moneyboy do not take him again, in case of free try another time and see if it gets better). Of these 100, about 80 were paid and 20 free. I am gliding more and more into prostitution, but considering the huge difficulties finding my type for free, this seems to be the most economical solution in time and money. (Numbers estimated.)

With my new camera Sony DSC-RX100 II (bought on 25.06.2014 for 22,530 THB; 1,170 THB VAT refund) I took 5880 pictures which occupy 33.6 GB on my computer.

Copyright 2015 ChristianPFC

2 comments:

  1. as for somebody who claims not drinking this equivalent of 10 litres of beer is still impressive alcohol intake.

    You not a first one to discover that free sex seems to be most costly.

    I confess to accepting few times flat fare from Suriwong to Malaysia Hotel but never more than 100 / regular fare is 71 /

    All the best for an incoming Chinese New Year

    ReplyDelete
  2. keep up the good work, Christian. your honesty is so valuable even when it makes for uncomfortable reading (and remembering on your part).

    You know that a fool knows the cost of everything but the value of nothing - but you're not a fool. :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.