Tuesday, 20 August 2024

Dating Thai Boys (98) At the wrong end of a knife

Dating Thai Boys (98) At the wrong end of a knife

The events described here took place in Phnom Penh in Jan2021 and other than the scare and losing 5 USD, nothing happened. I would not have reported (and embarrass myself again in front of the world by getting in trouble for chasing boys) if I hadn't found something to learn from this: I got into trouble every time I gave money for nothing! Previous cases:

Saranrom 29may2013, I gave 20 THB notes to some of the street trade boys, but not all of them, and I think one of those who didn't get any later hassled and tried to attack me. Details here:
https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?13081-Plenty-of-boys-at-Saran-Rom-Park&p=171725&viewfull=1#post171725
https://www.gayguides.com/forums/topic/10517-cruising-areas-2016/?do=findComment&comment=96343

Hua Lampong 15nov2015, I made a partial advance payment for services to be rendered later in my room. Details here:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/11/christianpfc-almost-gets-robbed-at-hua.html

A Farang friend once told me, when we give away money and think we are generous, they think we are stupid. Similar reported here: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2019/06/a-fable-from-africa-1.html

Phnom Penh Jan2021.
There was (in 2021, everything has changed now) a street that was a dead end for cars (but pedestrians could pass at the end), making it car-free which I like. I spotted cute boys there, and there was an internet cafe (only for gaming, not for surfing, else I would have spent an hour for internet work and to look who is around), and when I had a look in the internet cafe, the ladyboy (?) prostitue (?) manageress (?) MM asked if I want to buy ice (meth).

Today, I pass there again and MM spots me and starts a conversation (okay English). She asks what I'm doing here, I'm passing on the way to market. I make an excuse and leave, but she hasn't finished so I return to check if I understood correctly: she had asked if I'm interested in women. If she is this direct, I will be too: I like men. She can help me, even asked „Do you like black or white?“ and would like to cut a deal now, but I'm just passing.

This is the third time we chatted, and every time she had asked me for money and I refused, but now I give her 1 USD to show my commitment. Others notice and asked for money as well.

They (MM, a prostitute (?) who didn't say anything, and a man Pow who spoke okay English) follow me and repeat their offer of procuring men for me, and ask for money. I leave the scene elated/jubilant: now I have two purveyors to the royal court who will provide me with local boys. In the future, I just have to enter the internet cafe or billiard hall and point out whom I like!

They get into chatting with each other and I'm already 50 m away, but catch up with me and follow me for 500 m and keep prattling. I couldn't think of any other way out, so I give Pow 1 USD. But he returns the note and tells me he can't buy much with 1 USD, he wants 5 so he can feed his family dinner.

Now the attitude changes. Pow claims he took pictures of me and he can either protect me from police or report me to police. Or he can tell an NGO about me and they will fabricate something and it will cost me 1000 USD to get out of such a situation. That doesn't scare me. But then he grabs the hem of my shirt and produces a pair of scissors (about 2 cm blade) and threatens to cut my shirt or to beat me (but not to stab me).

This was in public area, at night but well illuminated, with other people in shouting distance. The three looked like low class (in case that matter when others get involved). Not my style to start a fight (anyway three and a pair of scissors on one), too late to run away. I offer to give him 5 USD (but ask the three to take a distance while I handle the money, my worry was they would rob me; I had about 50 USD in my wallet). Pow takes the note and we split ways. An honest extortionist.

There was a chance of repeat business, but they botched the opportunity. I could have lifted the entire area out of poverty. But they choose a single gain of 5 USD by extortion instead of a regular income by honest work.

All the time, I couldn't stop thinking about their teeth, but didn't stare or say anything*. Both MM and Pow had only some teeth left, most were just black stumps. Accidents or lack of dental hygiene? Only much later did it occur to me: meth mouth!

*Think of the mole scene in Austin Powers.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLxhdPNXC_k&t=15s
Austin Powers - Mole Scene.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc5G04nJecI
Austin Powers THE MOLE.

Can't do business with such people. They would sell their grandmother or their son to me, or rob or extort me to get my money for their next fix. I have to avoid that road for a while, lest they hit me up for another payment next time I pass there.

Don't even know how much it would have cost me to get local men. They didn't talk numbers, and I would not have talked numbers without a subject at hand. Money boys on gay dating apps, I can get 80% of those I want for 20 USD, whereas for 10 USD I get only half. A friend who used to live here had cases where he paid 5 USD. I would have offered 10 USD all inclusive (matchmaking and activities in my room). If they had thought their service is worth more, we would not have gotten into business and all the chat would have been futile anyway.

Take-home message: never give money for nothing!

Copyright 2024 ChristianPFC

4 comments:

  1. Meth mouth. Very interesting.

    I was in a Sunee Plaza gogo bar earlier this year. The one with reasonable prices & better attitudes.
    The boy selection was weaker than usual. There was one slim and cute guy, probably mid 20s, but his mouth was firmly shut almost the whole time. No smile or anything like that.
    Then briefly, he opened his mouth for a fraction of a second & I caught sight of his horrific teeth.
    Might that be meth mouth ?

    I were thinking if I had a bank balance like Bill Gates, I'd take pity and fund some cosmetic dental treatment. But that might be money down the drain, if he still has any addiction. And I don't have a bank balance like Bill Gates.

    As for your experiences in Cambodia, a policy of avoiding dodgy people is probably best & certainly never give them money.
    I usually avoid trouble, but once remember sitting in a U-Bahn station (Köln), waiting for the next train & reading a newspaper. A beggar asked for money. I told him to get a job & got a knife through my newspaper for my trouble. So I learnt to just say no.






    ReplyDelete
  2. with pattern of seeking 10$ boys no wonder you get what you pay for - smartphone thieves or meth mouth. Try to raise your minimum rate.
    I agree though that giving money for nothing leads to nothing but trouble

    ReplyDelete
  3. dealing with 10$ crowd no wonder you get what you pay for, phone thieves or meth mouth. Try to raise your offer and move up the scale a bit.
    I agree though that giving money for nothing leads to troubles only.

    ReplyDelete
  4. New updates for gay activities? May June July August?

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.