Gay activities Myanmar
Sep2019
Gay activities and general observations
in Myanmar, and some musings about Myanmar, Thailand, Taiwan boys, language,
weather.
My 5th trip to
Myanmar can be summarized: The weather was awful, but the boys were awesome.
The International
Meteorological Organization distinguishes 35 types of rain. I encountered 42
during my recent stay in Myanmar.
Exchange rates, rounded: 1
EUR = 1660 MMK; 1 THB = 50 MMK, 1 USD = 1500 MMK. 1 kMMK = 1000 MMK (just like
kg and km).
Evisa for Myanmar
straightforward as before. Data roaming for AIS (2 GB for 7 days for 99 THB) by
code *111*407#.
Massage places with male
staff (often named as Spa or Hairdresser, and indeed often have hairdressing as
well) are plentiful, I estimate there are over 10 in Yangon. Price for 1 hour
oil massage 20 kMMK = 400 THB is about the same as in Thailand, but the boys
are much cuter and I tip 20 kMMK = 400 THB for happy ending and everyone wants
to see me again.
Blued is much more active than
hornet or gayromeo. A Farang friend says Grindr active as well. Here my
numbers:
Blued chatted with 121, met 6.
Hornet chatted with 6, met 1.
Gayromeo chatted with 2, met 0.
In most cases they messaged
me. In some cases I messaged them. There are similar problems as in Thailand:
profile picture not theirs, poor quality pictures, some time wasters, but
overall gay dating is much more straightforward than in Thailand. Especially
the line between free and money boys is very clear: 95% do not expect money or
gifts, 5% state so in their profile or say early in chat.
No such crap as “I’m not
money boy, but my mother is sick in hospital”. No whining “I don’t know the way”,
“I don’t have money for taxi”, “It’s raining/too dark/hot/cold/late/early…”. No
or very little playing on mobile phone when we are together.
On my last day of trip in
Dec2018, I met KZ and he was on top of my list for this trip, and I would
schedule everything else so I could see him again. But there was a bit of
confusion of his trip to Bagan. So I spent my entire time in Yangon waiting for
him and lack of somewhere else to go in rain.
This is the first time that I
stayed that long 8d7n in one town. But staying longer allows to take better
advantage of online dating.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wed4sep2019 Bangkok to
Yangon
Arrive in Yangon at night.
Blued is buzzing with activity. I had nothing planned, but a boy Keli is nearby
and eager to come to my room. Good English and space-time coordination. Not so
much my type, but good activities and we have a nice time. He brought poppers
which he bought 30 ml for 35 kMMK.
Thu5sep2019 Yangon Amazing
massage
Move room. For first night I
get a cheap place (hostel or guesthouse around 15 USD), but expecting to meet KZ
again, splash out about 30 USD per night for the rest of my stay. And that paid
out, as I had a different boy every day or night.
Meet Wai for lunch. A bit on
the fat side, but I would have to see him naked to see if I get horny.
Benches in Thai railway stations are made of wood or plastic, but in Yangon main railway station, of concrete.
Benches in Thai railway stations are made of wood or plastic, but in Yangon main railway station, of concrete.
.
Circle line train to Kyeemindaing for sightseeing and a massage place.
Circle line train to Kyeemindaing for sightseeing and a massage place.
.
Amazing Massage. One hour oil massage in standard room 15 kMMK, VIP
room 20 kMMK. The standard room is separated by curtains, the VIP room by a
wall from other rooms. This seems to be general, judging from the three massage
places I went to. Only cold water in shower, no hook to hang my clothes (here
as many times before a belt comes in handy: I take my trousers into bathroom to
avoid theft and to have a last look at mobile phone, and then hang it by the
belt over the towel rack.)
Astra does massage first in
towel, then naked. Some English. Slim brown. Very little or no oil (only during
shower afterwards do I notice my skin repels water; general for all three
massages I had). Good massage, but nothing erotic. We spend about one hour with
massage, then I have some grope: skin temperature okay, nice hairless balls, nice
cock gets hard from my stroking. Good nipple play, but avoids kisses (turns his
cheek to my mouth).
A shout from outside which he
translates as “time is over”. I continue hugging/stroking/groping, until a few
min later another shout from outside “time is over”. Under such conditions, I
can’t have sex. But even without sex, I feel I got value for money and would
see him again (but then book 90 minutes, so I can have 60 min massage and 30
min happy ending).
Take shower, tip the boy 20
kMMK and exchange facebook. One question has been on my mind, and here it is
answered:
.
.
.
And another screenshot from online dating. Both are insider jokes for my loyal reader vinapu. Readers of gay forums will understand, or vinapu will explain in comments.
.
And another screenshot from online dating. Both are insider jokes for my loyal reader vinapu. Readers of gay forums will understand, or vinapu will explain in comments.
.
.
Bus back to hotel in rain.
.
Bus back to hotel in rain.
.
I was supposed to meet KZ
tonight. No reply on blued and Line. Call him from hotel reception: he will go to
Mount Popa tonight. That doesn’t make sense: he was in Bagan a few days ago,
came back to Yangon for a day, and now to Mount Popa. But that’s how it is.
Form your opinion from reading our chat.
.
.
Meet Kira in 19th street for dinner and drink. Positive, tomorrow he will come to my room.
.
Night-time receptionist studies Korean:
.
.
Fri6sep2019 Yangon Forever
Spa
Clothes that were wet from
sweat yesterday are still wet. Towels wet after drying after shower are still
wet. Even paper is damp. Dry clothes with a hair dryer. But I rarely needed aircon. Every night (about 25 C temperature) I could sleep without aircon.
During his lunch break, Wai
comes to my hotel room. We go to bed, but he is on the fat side, so I can’t get
hard and we leave it at hugging and kissing. (Filed as free sex.)
I had an appointment with
Kira in the afternoon, no show.
Forever Spa 48th
street. One hour oil massage in VIP
room discount from 20 to 16 kMMK. Last year I went there and no clear hit, so I
chose Htet, and while he is not my type, he made up with activities so I wanted
to meet him again. Last year I asked for his facebook which he gave as “Htet xxx”.
I found two “Htet xxx” and messaged both, one no reply, one is someone else.
He is still there. I wouldn’t
have recognized him, but he remembers me and massage style and afters same as
last year, and we have a good time. Worth a repeat, but I have to leave some
months between. Get his facebook: “Htet Htet xxx”.
Way home walking in rain, on poorly or unlit sidewalks, with sewer covers missing or tipping, in my room floor tiles wet from condensed water, and towels and paper damp.
Way home walking in rain, on poorly or unlit sidewalks, with sewer covers missing or tipping, in my room floor tiles wet from condensed water, and towels and paper damp.
Sat7sep2019 Yangon
Last trip I didn’t have time
to meet Ardi, but now is the chance. Meet at Parisian Café for lunch. Average
face and at 29 years over my preferred age range, but a great body judging by
pictures. To my room and to bed, good activities, but then phone call: roommate
needs key.
Appointment with KZ was 19,
but during day no reply to messages, and when I call him from reception 18:45
didn’t pick up. Finally 19:41 reply, and arrives 21:20 at Sule bus station.
Cute as before, and information “not working, sick leave” was correct. He is
sick with flu, which makes perfect hot and dry skin. Quickly to bed, but
neither of us hard (he because he is sick; I because of communication problems,
and I feel a bit bad because he came to see me despite being sick – but then he
travelled to Bagan twice while being sick – out of loyalty. Loyalty is a
character trait that seems absent in most Thais I met.). But still great
hugging and kissing. Stays over night and after breakfast back home.
Sun8sep2019 Yangon BFF Spa
Out for sightseeing, circle
line train to Mel Lamu temple.
On 4sep on bus from airport to Sule, a cute
boy Nay messaged me on blued and works in BFF Spa, which warrants a visit
there. I only have the road name and house number, but no picture or exact location of the massage.
The boy was not online since yesterday, but I assume he messaged me from work,
so I can find it by distance on blued.
On the way there, three very
obviously gay twinks (but no clear hit) pass and smile and exchange a few words
in English with me. They go to market, I stay on main road. Then, in the side
road where the massage is supposed to be located, spot them again. That can’t
be a coincidence. Ask them for BFF Spa: they work there and lead me there. Choose
masseur from pictures, and by chance it’s Nay the one who messaged me on blued
(I didn’t recognize his picture, and staff didn’t recognize his blued profile
or there was a misunderstanding).
BFF Spa (Best Friends
Forever). 20 kMMK for one hour oil
massage in VIP room. Massage okay with some indecent touching (he me while I’m
lying on my front). After turning around I don’t lose time (see massage at
Amazing), but start hugging and kissing. Warm dry skin, slim body, we have a
good time and I will see him again. I suck him, then I cum by assisted wanking,
he cleans me off and we continue hugging until knock on door: time is over. 20
kMMK tip more than deserved. I never had that in Thailand: after cum they would
heed out and not touch me again.
On blued a boy Paye wants to
come to meet me. 24/65/173 is too fat by my standards, but many have wrong
stats and his pictures look okay and video chat is okay. A bit of dithering
from my side when he asks for 12 kMMK for taxi, which is too much judging by
distance on blued, so ask for explanation: he will come by taxi from where he
is now (2 kMMK on googlemaps/grab) and then take taxi to elsewhere (I assume
that will be 10 kMMK). Weird, but I have nothing else planned, so agree.
Good English, good space-time
coordination. But as soon as I see him at reception: Oh no! Too fat and too
hairy (sideburns). Nonetheless, to my room where he takes a shower and comes
out of the bathroom in towel. Chest hair! Yuk! He is horny and I play along,
but afterwards tell him there will be no repeat.
The lowest point of this
trip: too fat, too hairy, money for taxi.
Mon9sep2019 Yangon
Kira cancels date in the
morning.
Nike postpones from 12 to 15.
It’s raining, so I stay in all day and read (as I did before).
Meet him at Independence
Monument (it took him 2 hours by bus to come here), then walk back in rain.
While the temperature is okay at about 25 C, the humidity makes me sweat ever
after such short (2 x 500 m) walks. He is wet as well, and it’s still raining,
which is a great pretext for each of us to take a shower and stay in.
Quickly to bed. The best this
trip, matches KZ from last year. We would spend the entire evening in bed. Then
at night out for dinner and a walk around (rain stopped) and back to bed.
BFC7in2019.
Tue10sep2019 Yangon
After breakfast another round
in bed. Then midday no rain, so we go out for sightseeing ferry to Dala and
Chuchu shop for recycling. Other sightseeing is curbed by rain for the rest of
the afternoon. We get back and in the rain I lose him around Sule bus station.
Message him on blued and facebook: not read. Only hours later reply: he
directly took the bus home.
.
Kira another no-show. That’s
one meeting for dinner, two no-show, one cancellation. But from meeting him he
seems genuine, and I assume there were good reasons that he just didn’t explain
to me and keep in contact, but with lowered expectations.
.
Myanmar ladyboys and Sule pagoda in background:
.
.
Myanmar ladyboys and Sule pagoda in background:
.
.
Wed11sep2019 Yangon to Bangkok
Wed11sep2019 Yangon to Bangkok
After the wonderful encounter
with Nike, I can do some days without sex as everything else will probably be a
disappointment in comparison.
But one cute looking Alex nearby
messages me on hornet, and is ready to meet now. Just because I changed hotel because
the previous was booked out, and it would be waste of money to pay 30 USD for a
night just for me without having someone in my room for sex, I invite him.
Meet Alex at reception: face
fatter than pictures suggest, long and curly hair which I don’t like. A poor
start, but invite him to my room. Quickly to bed. Body so-so, but beautiful
dick and balls, and activities turn me on so we have a good time and I will see
him again.
Even better: he is from
Yangon but works in Bagan. Now I have a reason other than sightseeing to go to
Bagan! Having sex with him again alone would be worth the 25 USD entry to
Bagan.
Have to throw him out after
one hour in my room because I have to pack and check out. Flight to Bangkok.
.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.
And that’s not all! I’m
chatting with several more that I didn’t have time to meet.
.
Among those I didn't meet, this one is my favorite:
.
.
We chatted every day, but there were always reasons why he couldn't meet me:
.
.
Among those I didn't meet, this one is my favorite:
.
.
We chatted every day, but there were always reasons why he couldn't meet me:
.
Summary: sightseeing wise a
disaster, but boy-wise amazing! If there were a visa that allows me to stay in
Myanmar long time, I would go there as soon as possible and study Burmese*. If
I spoke Burmese, I could get even more boys (I had to reject some with who were
interested but spoke poor English). Or would the same as in Thailand happen,
that I run after every village idiot and get disappointed?
This entire post is through
rose-colored glasses. I get only the Myanmar boys who speak English which is a
positive selection.
*I did that in Taiwan last years,
but while one-week trips in Taiwan were fine with many boys in “Soi 13 in”
sauna, in 3 months in Taiwan I had 3 boys in my room, whereas now in Yangon in
8d7n I had 7 boys in my room for free and 3 at massage place for pay.
The lack of interest of
Taiwanese boys in me, combined with Chinese being more difficult than Thai,
slows down my progress in Chinese. 6 months after I started studying Thai, I was
already online dating and touch typing in Thai. Gay dating is a huge incentive
to learn the language! In Chinese so far only one boy in Taiwan who doesn’t
speak English and we do all communication in Chinese.
I repeat my advice from last
trip: go to Myanmar as soon as possible before it gets spoiled by people like
me and my readers!
Summary 4-11sep2019:
7 Free sex: Keli, Wai, Ardi, KZ, Paye, Nike, Alex.
3 Paid sex: Astra at Amazing, Htet at Forever, Nay at BFF.
2 No sex: Wai, Kira.
1 Cancellation: Kira.
2 No show: Kira, Kira.
1 Refused: He didn’t send face picture, but wanted to see my dick
as a prerequisite to come to see me. We had video chat but he didn’t show his
face. Good English, but I don’t like that attitude.
3 Massage: Astra at Amazing, Htet at Forever, Nay at BFF. Astra
is my type, but has no sexual interest in me. Htet is not my type, but good
activities and gets me horny. Nay finally is my type and I like activities, which
puts him on top of the list of massage boys to meet again.
2 Old: Htet at Forever, KZ.
8 New: Keli, Wai, Astra at Amazing, Ardi, Nay at BFF, Paye,
Nike, Alex.
4 Sure repeat: KZ, Nay at BFF, Nike, Alex.
2 Maybe repeat: Astra at Amazing, Htet at Forever.
4 No repeat: Keli, Wai, Ardi, Paye.
Copyright 2019 ChristianPFC






Hi Christian
ReplyDeleteBeen reading you for a few months, you remind me of a French compatriot that is enjoying la mauvaise vie in Germany.
I 'discovered' Myanmar last year which was a bit of fresh air after four years in Thailand. Getting real (or at least more direct) feedback from people (boys, street sellers, etc), instead of me shelling out money being the only part of the relationship was a nice change.
Going back there next month : Mandalay + Yangon, with your posts bookmarked as tourism guidebook ^^ + visiting the national museum again
Thanks for your blog
Scarp
Hi Christian.
ReplyDeleteFine work on the blog.
I'm thinking we need a close up of that rail station bench and scrolling down, I see you read my mind and provided the close up. That's my kind of lad.
Looking back to my visit to Mandalay in 2016, I paid 10,000~13,000 for massages. Either there has been some inflation, or Yangon is more expensive. I'm betting on inflation. The Kyat has even fallen against the GBP since 2016, so not bad.
I tipped 15,000 back then first time & as I got a hot body to body massage, tipped 25,000 the second time (possibly more than necessary).
Need to go to Yangon.
Do you fly there ?
Z
I don't remember how I got to tip 20 kMMK = 400 THB for massage and happy ending. I might have read somewhere that that's the going rate, or recommendation from a friend with more experience in Myanmar. I might be overtipping! But I do so happily, as the value for money is there.
DeleteI have arrived in Yangon overland by car (Mae Sot - Hpa An - Kinpun), by airplane from DMK, by train from Kalaw. Only bus is missing, which I plan to do some time from Ranong border crossing.
Bagan is worth 25 $ entry fee even if boys would be prohibited to enter
ReplyDeleteIt must be something with those Myanmar guys as two of my four most memorable last trip were Myanmarese.
ReplyDeleteI don't believe guys professing being 100% straight in fact are , otherwise why they would go with us and often sport hard on as soon as they undress?
"do you like guys or girls better?" is my standard question I ask guys I offed / not before deal is sealed, I don't want lies/ to know better what to expect.
And of course " I like the girls better" is my standard weapon used against pushy mamasans. They don't believe and rightly so , but get a message and universally back off , even fearsome Lucy of Lucky Boys
"Now all gay bars on Patpong Soi 2 are gone (merged with bars on Soi 1)" I think you mean bars on Patpong Soi 1 are closed now?
ReplyDeleteI had to go full local in both Mandalay and Yangon. Looking for places on Facebook in posts written in Burmese.
ReplyDeleteNot the fanciest kind of places but great experiences.
Was kind of let down by the general tooling.
Usual fees 20+20, felt that 20+15 would be ok. Got 12+10 one time !
Outside of spas, I found guys both conservative and playful. A bit of homo curiosity more than full on "gay mode".
Mandalay :
The Best Spa : https://g.page/thebestspa?share fancy-ish spa. cute and good masseur (Jack) but very strict massage policy
Lashio Boy : closed and replaced by a "normal" spa with good masseuses. Strong massage.
GGG : 30-ish masseurs
Took me a while to find the right spot : it's BoyCity, on 76 th street (near the 27th street corner). A former hair salon converted to a more or less open ... "spa"
Extra secret spot : near HotPot palace, an unidentifiable house serves as a local "spa". Probably hard to just walk in. Can send you the location for karma points.
Yangon :
No idea where is Amazing Massage.
Forever Spa, 48th street, didn't go. not sure where it is.
BFF spa : way too far north.
sidenote : traffic in Yangon is a bitch. I hope they allow motorcycles again soon.
D'lax... meh. standard experience, very dirty bathroom.
there is a kind of a "district", in Tamwe township with several local spas.
(the lozange between Banyar Dala Rd, Kyalik Ka San Rd, and Tha Mein Ba Yan Road.
Zone Spa : corner of 160 and 157. decent salon.
Christian, if you pick one place, go there next time and ask for #2. Would probably be BFC candidate ;)
There might be another spa on 157 th street, between 159th street and the big avenue.
Great Spa used to be on 17/153 th street. Moved to 21 Nat Sin Street, 1 km to the south.
Didn't try it this time.
hidden spa: 45/166th. Very very local. Not for beginners.
"Princez Spa". I was unable to find it despite obvious pointers given over message.
Supposed to be in the big "Reform Sports Club" building on Anawrahta Rd, north side, downtown, between 34th street and Maha Bandula Park Street. MIght have been led on.
Got various offers to go to private places. Wouldn't recommend it unless the guy is kind of "hi so"
Will definitely go back there next year. I just wish motorcycles become allowed again in Yangon, because it is 20-40 minutes for any move at this point.
Scarp.
Thank you very much for your extensive reply. I will use this date next time I go to Yangon to visit all gay massage places, if time permits.
DeleteThis post (Scarp. 19nov2019) was in spam folder and published only now after my approval.