Saturday, 20 March 2021

Gay venues in Siem Reap 2021

Gay venues in Siem Reap 2021

A complete list of gay venues in Siem Reap that are of interest to me (i
.e. places where you can meet, or at least look at, local boys): bars, saunas, massage (but not hotels or restaurants or barber). Based on a visit 22-28feb2021.

Bars:
Barcode
Heaven and Dreamboys
Linga Barl
(sic!)
Look@Me (recently openend)
Massage:
D.Y Massage
Gekko Massage
Man Spa Massage 168
Sauna:
MEN's Resort & Spa
 

Barcode
Fri26feb2021 mango juice 3USD. This was the first time I had to scan QR code with my phone to connect to stopcovid.gov.kh to register as a customer at a venue for contact tracing. When I arrive 21:57, 6 customers, show in progress (ladyboy). Too much singing/dancing/drag/ladyboy and too little skin, too few boys, no underwear. Leave 22:39, about 20 customers.

Pub street 22:45 estimated 100 customers in the venues that are open.

Heaven and Dream Boys
A bit out of town center, from Pub Street 15 min walk, that’s why I gave it a miss on all previous trips to Siem Reap. But judging by their pictures, they have the highest number of boys and the largest area of skin during show in all Cambodia!

Sat27feb2021 Call Heaven and Dream Boys: a female voice answers, but no English, hangs up. Call again: no connection.

Walk there nonetheless, not operating but door open and lights on. Among 5 staff one speaks English, they closed recently (for heavy construction work on road or Covid?), get his phone number to call before going next time I'm in Siem Reap.

Linga Barl
(not on google maps, 20 m West of Heaven and Dreamboys)
Linga Barl
 (is it upper i = I, or lower L = l, or Roman number 1?) is open and at least one customer inside and one cute boy (but ugly red lips tattoo on neck, and hairy upper legs). They had a show on Friday with ladyboys (not what I’m looking for, but at least I have some intel).



Look@Me
Newest gay bar in Siem Reap, opened just weeks ago.
Fruit juice 1 USD, at such prices I can have two! Not many customers.


D.Y Massage
(not on
 google maps, 10 m East of Look@Me) Several massage boys, some look gay, but none my type. On gay online dating chat with a boy who works there.

Gekko Massage
(on google maps
Gekko Nail Art and Massage) More male than female staff every time I pass, but no confirmation that it's a gay venue.


Man Spa Massage 168
Sat27feb2021
20:48 there are 5 boys and manager, none of them cute or slim. Pictures here https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2021/01/gay-activities-dec-2020-cambodia.html

Sewer construction
Most roads in Siem Reap are dug open for new sewer construction. See here as well: https://cne.wtf/2021/03/17/siem-reap-residents-illegally-connecting-sewers-to-new-network/

Main road at entrance to night market:


 
Picture from the other side of road at night, with most businesses closed and little street lighting, it's pretty dark:





update: see here as well:
https://cne.wtf/2021/04/05/photos-from-siem-reap-development/
video Siem Reap 29apr2021, a muddy day:
https://www.facebook.com/100058002490685/posts/187139613229454/

Other websites about gay Siem Reap
They all focus on gay or gay-friendly hotels and restaurants, which are non-issues for me. E.g.
https://www.travelgay.com/destination/gay-cambodia/gay-siem-reap/
https://www.thegaypassport.com/gay-siem-reap/
https://nomadicboys.com/guide-siem-reap-gay-bars/
This one manages not to mention a single gay bar or sauna https://www.wolfyy.com/travel-guide-gay-siem-reap/ but covers this up by providing general information.
Even the printed The Cambodia Gay Guide Siem Reap Battambang 2019/20 No04 is not comprehensive.

Linga Bar gone 2017
Linga Bar permanently closed in 2017 https://www.facebook.com/linganow/ I walked past when it was open, but no pictorial proof and I never was a customer.

Riverqueen guesthouse sold 2016
I never stayed there, but followed the owner's blog that is now offline, but can be read on archive and his goodbye message is an interesting read: https://web.archive.org/web/20170630014130/http://riverqueencambodia.blogspot.com/2016/06/darling-viewers-its-been-best-of-times.html

The place is now The '84 Hotel Siem Reap, and here as well construction work on road:


Copyright 2021 ChristianPFC except pictures with source quoted

4 comments:

  1. I stay in *4 hotel back in Dec 2016, not long after change of ownership and I liked location and value for money. No problem with bringing guests, day or night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. COVID kills not only people but everything. BTW, have you tried gay sauna in Poipet? (it's few steps close to Poipet hospital and around 4km from checkpoint). I was there in very early of 2020, on the way back to Phnom Penh from New Year holiday in Pattaya. I found it accidentally through a boy on app. It's basic sauna but boys are juicy. They told me sauna served mostly locals and thai gamblers. Not sure in pandemic time, still they survive or not (but Google map says they are still on)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not aware of a gay sauna in Poipet. But now that you say it, I had a look on google maps, and I vaguely remember seeing that place (PoiPet Men Sauna he) but only pictures of a construction site and no information, so I dismissed it. I have not been to Poipet this trip.

      Delete
  3. I visited Linga bar about 14 years ago and back in those days, any visiting Farang would have the attention of numerous handsome boys.
    That's long since closed and on my last visit, I didn't find a single boy via the bars.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.