Friday, 8 December 2023

Cycling around Pattaya Nov2023

Cycling around Pattaya Nov2023
Wat Nong Chap Tao วัดหนองจับเต่า, Love Art Park, Chaiyaphruek Stadium.

Renting a bicycle failed for unreasonable rental conditions, details here in update: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2023/07/cycling-in-seasia.html

Now I was already in Jomtien, mentally and physically (clothes, backpack) prepared for a daytrip, and I calculated that replacing bicycle by grab, walking, public transport along Sukhumvit would take about the same time and cost about the same.

Wat Nong Chap Tao วัดหนองจับเต่า
Grab mocy 120 THB about 15 km from Jomtien to temple.





Heads of the twelve animals from zodiac on turtle body:



Chedis according to your zodiac carved and painted in stone in unusual style:



Have a coconut water and ask seller for nearby mocy station. There is none, but they call a mocy driver on phone. He offered to take me for 150, then reduced to 120, but cannot match the price of 70 on grab (which includes 20 booking fee, so I would offer 50). Reasonable for 6 km distance. Bye and book a ride on grab. However, nobody accepts. But locals offer me a trip by car for 100, which I gratefully accept.

Love Art Park
Marked as temporarily closed on google maps. Street view shows it's out of business, but open (no fence or wall or gate to main road). When I arrive indeed abandoned, open, nobody there.



I enter the premises and all statues are still there, however now knee-high vegetation.



Just in the middle of the field of statues, I hear dogs barking from the footpath (concrete, not overgrown). Not aggressive barking, rather a warning barking, and they don't come to me. Dogs seem to dislike knee-high vegetation. Now they know I'm here, and I rather not go back the same way I came. There is a fence to neighboring plot of land, perfect structure for climbing. And a wall that the neighbor built, would be easy to get over and down on next plot of land (construction site). However, there might be dogs as well, so I rather move 220 m along the fence/wall to the back of the plot of land, where is a plantation and a public road. Take more pictures along the way.


Relief when I spot a group of Thais eating/drinking. Imagine their surprise, sitting in their backyard and ChristianPFC comes out of the forest! Ask for way to main road, and get a free ride to main road (would even have taken me to Sukhumvit, but I'm not done here yet), because there are dogs here as well. The tribulations I go through to entertain my readers!

From parking in front of Love Art Park shout to see if there are any people, none. As the mocy driver told me when I asked him, nobody lives there, but people come to feed the dogs. And on purpose attract the dogs' attention, again not aggressive, rather warning/curious barking. One might be able to walk around the entire park by ignoring the dogs, or bribing them with food. I might try next time.

Someone mowed the lawn in front yard, outside the dogs' territory.



Walk 2.4 km to Sukhumvit, with a stop at Wat Thung Lahan วัดทุ่งละหาน and lunch. Take van for 20 to Chaiyaphruek intersection.

Chaiyaphruek Stadium
50 mocy to entrance (2.5 km, a bit expensive but I didn't haggle).
Details in upcoming post “Abandoned stadiums of the world”
Walk to Sukhumvit, songtheo for 10 to South Pattaya intersection, another songtheo 10 to Tuk-Com.

Copyright 2023 ChristianPFC

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for another excellent report.
    Researching folding bicycles might be an idea.
    Something that you can carry on a train & put in your room, without trading too much in rolling resistance.
    J

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.