Sunday, 31 December 2023

Where to next?

Where to next?
The question what I think of various SEAsian countries comes up occasionally. Here the answers (sightseeing, infrastructure, prices, climate, visa). What I think of boys from SEAsian countries was posted here: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2019/05/dating-seasian-boys-1-overview.html and https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2019/05/dating-seasian-boys-2-filipinos.html

Cambodia
I have spent the last two years doing visa runs to Cambodia. Infrastructure is poor, so is sightseeing (other than Angkor Wat). But it's easy to get to, I prefer land travel over flights. And boy business is great! However my favourite Donald there is always busy. My last trip was 30 days, and I could meet him only once. Even worse, my messages not read for days, I can't even discuss this issue. I think the situation is the following: for me he is number one, I would go anywhere any time to meet him. But for him there is family first, then work, then friends, then his dogs, and at best I'm in fifth place. To save me from experiencing the same situation again, go somewhere else.

Vietnam
Good infrastructure, food, sightseeing. Boy business okay (boys I met in Vietnam for free; Vietnamese money boys in Bangkok I wouldn't touch with a barge pole and their presence in some Bangkok gogo bars is yet another reason not to go there (Bangkok gogo bars)). Now 15 days visa free stay for Germans, and I can see myself making use of that in the future.

Thailand
Great as a travel hub in SEAsia and overall best place for me. Good infrastructure, food, sightseeing, boy business. I have learnt the language and have a lot of experience in travelling. I would spend more time in Thailand (up from already 6 months a year), but visa free is only 30 days and I'm not in the mood to apply for tourist visa (as I did before Covid) or extensions. So now it's one month in Thailand, one month elsewhere.

Lao
Lao is like rural Thailand. Even the capital Vientiane is dusty (soil), whereas Udon Thani is clean. I read somewhere that the rich from Vientiane go to Ubon for shopping because of more choice. To go to Lao, I have to pay for a visa, change money, get a SIM-card or roaming. Language not so much a problem, most Lao can speak Thai. To me, Lao is like Thailand's dusty backyard. I will go again some day for the new train in northern Lao and some temple and mountain business in southern Lao.

Philippines
More expensive to get to and not as safe as other SEAsian countries. I have met several Pinoys in Thailand, none of them convincing. In particular every time I had thoughts of going to Philippines, I met one and “meh”.

Meh [mÉ›] EXCLAMATION expressing a lack of interest or enthusiasm: "meh, I'm not impressed so far"

2019 in Hongkong I met one cute, he approached me and we exchanged facebook. But my messages not read. If there had been a clear signal, I would have gone (but Covid would have put a stop to that).

Taiwan
Great infrastructure and sightseeing and food. But I have to consider seasons, in winter too cold, in autumn typhoons. In summer I'm in Germany, that leaves only spring to go to Taiwan. More expensive to get to. Hotels far more expensive than in SEAsia. In most SEAsian countries I can stay in a decent hotel for under 20 USD, in Taiwan that gets me a bed in a dormitory. That means I have to make the most of my stay and can't do "office days" (stay in and work on computer, as I do elsewhere in SEAsia). Boys great in sauna, but online dating very poor for me.

Indonesia and Malaysia
I have been to both and by infrastructure, sightseeing, boys it would be candidates for a repeat. But they are Muslim countries and Islam is a subconscious threat to my lifestyle.

Singapore and Hong Kong
A bit more expensive than other SEAsian countries. Sightseeing limited by their small size, however Hong Kong has amazing hiking that could keep me occupied for weeks, stretched over years of passing for a few days when travelling Thailand/China/Hong Kong/Taiwan.

South Korea and Japan
Both further away, expensive and long flight to get too, and expensive to stay.
Whereas a Thai friend told me she would skip Taiwan and go to Japan or Korea instead. Furthermore, I speak basic Chinese, but no Japanese or Korean. For climate, only time to visit would be in summer, but then I'm in Germany. Boys not my center of attraction. Furthermore, I have read/heard several times that there are gay venues in Japan that do not allow foreigners (or you need a Japanese to introduce you). Here is the one occasion this year to use “Go penetrate yourselves” (figuratively and literally) because it perfectly expresses my sentiment.

Myanmar
My favorite country in SEAsia. Great sightseeing and boys and okay infrastructure. Boys the most exotic in SEAsia, and easy to meet in online dating or massage (unfortunately no gay sauna in Myanmar). During Nov2023 I was planning for a trip to Myanmar in Dec2023, but watch the civil war situation and commit (i.e. buy flight tickets, get health insurance, apply for visa) as late as possible. Even though it would have been no problem to get to Myanmar begin of December, I would stay the full 28 days of tourist visa, and a lot can happen in that time.

Great stuff from gay massages on facebook, line, twitter. But you don't have to go to Myanmar to meet Myanmar massage boys, the massage places in Saphan Khwai and Inthamara are mostly staffed with Myanmese. However, in Myanmar prices lower, better attitude (from previous visits), more authentic.

I reached out to some acquaintances from before Covid. One asked me to bring him a pair of white Nike sneakers size 47-48. Even though it was clear for me from the beginning, I didn't tell him I will not buy and bring those shoes. The reason is not so much money, but the following. Buying shoes for myself is an unpleasant experience that I want to delay as long as possible. Buying shoes for someone else, I would have to spend hours because I'm not familiar with the subject and can't incorporate it in my daily business. For 28 days I would bring a full suitcase, no space for a pair of shoes. By cancelling my trip to Myanmar, I avoided telling him I will not bring those shoes.

It could turn out to be a great trip (boy business and few other foreign tourists), but I can't see myself checking the news every day to see if it's still safe where I am. And with all land borders controlled by insurgents*, only way out is a flight.

*Anyway, there would be no public transport, I would have to hire car and driver at high price, and at control points “I'm doctor ChristianPFC on my way to Thailand in an important mission and request passage” probably would not work.

On the subject of going to unsafe areas for holiday: https://www.nzz.ch/international/afghanistan-darf-man-ferien-bei-taliban-machen-ld.1753194 “Holiday with the Taliban”, it is now possible to travel to Afghanistan for tourism.

China
When I first wanted to go to China in 2018, I was shocked to find out a tourist visa costs 150 USD. No country I have been to is worth 150 USD for a tourist visa. In particular I would stay only one or two weeks on first trip. Later I learned about 144 hours visa free transit, but when the time came to put that into practice, Covid hit and delayed all my plans for 3 years. But now, contrary to Myanmar which requires a visa and a health insurance, China abolished health declaration on 1nov2023 and allows 15 days visa free visit for German and several other from 1dec2023. Two steps in the right direction, let's go to China!

Copyright 2023 ChristianPFC

4 comments:

  1. I went to Japan and in Tokyo i had a good time, but mostly with Online Escorts because you are correct about "Japanese Only" at some places. I look forward to your China Stories. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't agree that Angkor Wat is only place in Cambodia worth sightseeing unless it encompasses all angkorian temple in the country . Did you visit Sambor Prey Kuk ?
    Anyways Happy New Year on your last post of 2023 and have fun in China

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sambor Prey Kuk is on my list. In 2021 I was in Kampong Thom and went to Phnom Santuk. Each of them worth a daytrip from Kampong Thom. I save Sambor Prey Kuk to cut a trip between PP and SR in half and spend two nights one day in Kampong Thom.

      I mean Cambodia is rather poor on natural and man-made attractions, the latter due to unfortunate history. It's smaller than Thailand, Myanmar or Vietnam, and density of natural or man-made attractions is lower. And those that are there, are difficult to get to.

      Delete
    2. And then we go to India. - It´s kind of obvious that focussing itinerairies on boys only leaves a whole lot of world undervalued & vacant. It leaves blanks, frustrations, peaks though, too. --- What the..? - Will India add any positive impulse to your trajectory? -- Certainly yes, if you give it a chance. Probably not though. I like cock; I do not live for it. Why do you?

      Delete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.