Tuesday, 24 December 2024

Merry Christmas 2024

Merry Christmas 2024

Merry Christmas and happy New Year to my readers. For me, it's the most awful time of the year. Christmas can easily be escaped by going to places where it's not celebrated, but New Year is a world-wide nuisance. Just lock myself in for a few days and come out after it's over. One of my friends (Buddhist, I assume) asked me for Christmas gift, I told him "Sorry, I don't celebrate Christmas".
 
The only good thing about Christmas is Christmas confectionery. Every year, I buy a stash that should last until next Christmas, but is depleted long before. Should I ever become politically active, I would rally for Christmas and Easter confectionery all year round.

As on some previous years e.g. https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2022/12/merry-christmas-2022.html, some pictures of Christmas trees and decoration I took and some Christmas related jokes from the internet.

Other than Christmas confectionery being available in Germany from mid-September (where I live; by newspaper reports earlier elsewhere), this (Taiwan on 6nov2024) was my first contact this year:



The following all from Bangkok or Pattaya:


This one in Goethe Institute is made from recycled material:













The following statues of Santa Claus were in One Bangkok and lead over to jokes about Christmas.


https://web.facebook.com/groups/2075222742570711/permalink/8726208094138776/
In Rotterdam, we have an iconic statue, namely Santa Claus holding a Christmas tree. But this is not what the people of Rotterdam see. They see a gnome holding a butt plug, and it is therefore called Gnome Butt Plug (in Dutch, Kabouter Buttplug).








and many more:
https://www.instagram.com/p/DAk376Gs41j/
New Apple AirPods outfit.

https://www.instagram.com/p/DDLGynpypQb/?img_index=1
How employees from different industries/workplaces built and decorated their Christmas trees.

Death by falling Christmas tree. Christmas kills!
https://www.instagram.com/reel/DDuinahvPBQ/
One person was killed and two others were hurt after an 184-foot-tall floating Christmas tree display collapsed during stormy weather near Rio de Janiero, Brazil, on Monday, according to local officials.

Copyright 2024 ChristianPFC except linked pictures and quotes

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas and Happy New 2025 Year to you too !
    You say you don't celebrate it but I'd say post above is celebration good enough, Thank you

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.