Tuesday, 18 September 2018

5th Anniversary of my blog

5th Anniversary of my blog

Today marks the 5th anniversary of my blog. Combined with Wikipedia, I have 14 million visitors per day.

Since I started my blog, that website http://www.imbecile.me/ in the description went offline, instead go to http://theoatmeal.com/ or https://www.boredpanda.com/ or https://worldnewsdailyreport.com/saudi-man-sentenced-to-1000-lashes-for-performing-oral-sex-on-a-camel/ and other articles there.

I have been writing about my experiences in Thailand since my first holiday trip. Those reports are scattered around, here a list. 

.
1st trip to Thailand Aug 2009
Reading the now defunct gayboythailand blog triggered my first trip to Thailand. And there I posted my experiences. The blog has long been offline, and on archive.org the last years are missing. The last capture is this: https://web.archive.org/web/20060715143418/http://gayboythailand.com 

But fortunately, I have a backup of the entire website, from which I pulled this screenshot:



2nd trip to Thailand Jan 2010
Gayboythailand closed shortly after my first trip. Then I found ricequeendiary and posted my experiences there: A Reader’s Comments February 1st, 2010. Ricequeendiary has been offline for years, but archive has a copy:




3rd trip to Thailand Jun - Jul 2010
At that time I had discovered the gay forums and started posting there. http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/5711-trip-report-24062010-07072010-bangkok-pattaya/


The story was picked up by shamelessmack for a post, but that seems to be lost forever since he went offline. 

Update 21apr2019: Not gone, can be found on archive:
https://web.archive.org/web/20110106082528/http://shamelessmack.wordpress.com/2010/07/24/looking-for-in-all-the-wrong-places/

4th trip to Thailand Dec 2010 - Feb 2011
Now staying longer to study Thai language. About learning Thai:
Various posts, e.g. http://gaybuttonthai.com/viewtopic.php?t=4058 on gaybuttonthai. 

6th trip to Thailand Dec 2011 - Jan 2012
8th trip to Thailand Nov - Dec 2012
(I don't remember what or where I posted.)

9th trip to Thailand Jan 2013 - now
I got a job in Thailand Feb 2013 - Jan 2014, and since then I have been spending most of the year here. And on 18sep2013 started this blog, so I have all my publications in one place, under my control.

In those five years, I became the most prolific gay Thailand blogger, simply because everyone else dropped out: http://khunbaobao.blogspot.com/ took a break in 2014, shamelessmack disappeared, bangkokbois died, and http://llz.blogspot.com/, the longest-running (since 2004), posts less than once per month.

It has been a lot of work, but I met several interesting people over my blog. Nonetheless, posting every third day will remain a thing of the past. About one post per week is realistic for the future. 

Copyright 2018 ChristianPFC

6 comments:

  1. Congratulation on you anniversary and heartfelt THANK YOU for a that great service to gay and travelling community !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are your future plans? Staying in Thailand, moving to Taiwan or making your mother proud by marrying a nice East German country girl?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will continue to spend most of my time in Thailand.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on doing 5 years with your own outstanding blog & thanks for a link to the previous leader in the field, Gay boy Thailand (aka Silom Farang)

    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Christian, keep it up-----literally and figuratively :>)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This post was picked up on https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?20306-Congratulations-to-Christian-PFC

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.