Thursday, 20 February 2020

Dating Thai Boys (78) The Perpetuation of Poverty

Dating Thai Boys (78) The Perpetuation of Poverty

This chat is with a Myanmar boy, nonetheless filed as Dating Thai Boys as I had similar conversations with Thai boys as well. The point is, for lack of 100 THB for taxi to come to see me, the boy is missing out on 1000 THB for short time. “I don’t have money for taxi” might be a scam, but the result is the same, missing out on 1000 THB for short time because the boy is rather fishing for someone who sends 300 or 500 (that's indeed the amounts that are requested) online and then does not go (assumption; no personal experience; if any of my reader sent money online for travel expenses please comment on the result).


Most boys end up selling their body not out of poverty, but out of laziness working a normal job or out of desire for luxury good they can’t afford by working a normal job. But “Perpetuation of Poverty” has a nice ring to it. 

Fri, 13/12/2019
08:48 Pond [Sticker]
08:48 Christian Good morning
(First contact, subsequent general chat omitted)

Wed, 29/01/2020
09:52 Pond Hi
09:53 Christian Good morning
09:53 Pond Good morning baby
09:53 Pond What are you doing today
09:54 Christian Do laundry now. Free later.
09:54 Pond Yes
09:54 Pond Miss you
09:54 Christian And you?
09:55 Christian Miss you too.
09:55 Pond At room
09:56 Christian Where is your room?
09:56 Pond [null]
10:00 Christian (google maps)
10:01 Pond Krub
10:01 Christian I'm here. Come to meet me 1pm?
11:08 Christian [Sticker]
11:08 Pond [Sticker]
11:08 Pond [Sticker]
11:30 Christian You come or not?
(No show. But keep trying.)

Thu, 30/01/2020
03:29 Pond [Sticker]
08:27 Christian Good morning
08:28 Pond (blow a kiss)(blow a kiss)
08:29 Christian I just woke up. Eat breakfast now. And you?
08:29 Pond At home
08:30 Pond How old are you now?
08:31 Christian 39 years
08:31 Pond Yes
08:32 Pond Video call now
08:32 Pond OK?
08:32 Pond 😂😂
08:32 Christian Yes
08:36 Christian Call time 4:00 (money problems)
09:10 Christian If you come to meet me, I can help you with money.
09:10 Pond Yes
09:11 Pond Can transfer now. After a while, the shower will go to find
09:11 Christian (google maps)
09:11 Pond Because now i not have
09:11 Christian Meet in one hour?
09:12 Pond Ok
09:12 Christian No online. Only cash.
09:12 Pond Ok
09:21 Christian See you soon.
09:22 Pond 1:00pm?
09:22 Pond Or
09:22 Christian 11
09:22 Pond Ok
09:57 Christian [Sticker]
10:39 Christian Where are you now?
10:39 Pond Home
10:39 Pond I'm not having money
10:40 Pond Only have 20b
(In hindsight, there is a direct bus from his place to mine. I should have told him to take the bus. But considering that he told me before that he takes taxi to work in Patpong, that would probably not have worked.)
10:40 Pond I'm can't go
10:43 Christian I can pay taxi for you when you arrive.
10:45 Pond How i can believe you
10:46 Christian If you believe me, come here. If you don't believe me, we cannot meet now.
10:46 Pond Yes
10:47 Pond Because i don't have money to pay
10:47 Pond It i have i can go
10:48 Christian I pay taxi when you arrive.
10:48 Pond So
10:48 Pond It your not come to pay
10:48 Pond ?
10:48 Pond Who can help me
10:49 Christian You come to me and I pay for taxi.
10:49 Pond I'm know
10:49 Pond But I want now
10:49 Christian No online.
10:50 Pond So
10:50 Pond Can meet next time
10:50 Pond Because I can't go
10:50 Pond Really
10:50 Pond So sorry

Let it rest for some days, then try again.


The boy in question worked in Screwboys, now changed to Fresh Boys, and I once crossed him on Silom but only afterwards recognized him. But I will certainly not go to pick him up in Screwboys, now that I have his Line and spent so much time, and one no-show and one cancellation.  

Update: got him after one no-show and one cancellation. It was worth the wait! He spent 150 THB for a mocy taxi from his place in On Nut near BTS, a ride that would cost 100 by taxi. And didn't take any advice on how to get back cheaper. (Taxi too slow. MRT/BTS would have to change, impossible! Bus? No way!) I gave him 1000 for short time, and if he spends 300 of that getting to my place and back, that's his business.

I had several boys who were in the same dilemma, but had enough trust in me to take a taxi for me to pay on arrival. Some of them I had not met before, only online chat. But if anything goes wrong (e.g. boy’s phone battery empty and no way to contact me), the boy will be left with a taxi fare that he has no money to pay.

I was asked to send money for taxi online many times, but never did and will never do.

Copyright 2020 ChristianPFC

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a difficult situation. I wouldn't be that keen to pay on-line in advance (unless I knew the boy before), but also understand the boys being very reluctant to come in a taxi etc that they might have to pay for themselves if the customer is a no-show / has found someone else in the meantime (again, if they haven't met / trust the customer before).

    Another option I've used before is to send Grab / Uber to pick-up the boy, which will be charged to my account (small loss if it doesn't work)...but the issue is more if the boy hasn't given the exact address or the driver can't find him...too much hassle trying to sort out with the language barrier going between driver and boy (depending where I am, although of course that could be an option for you Christian in Thailand, give you speak the language).

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1 Professional money boys make their way to your location, provide the agreed service and leave with the tip. No nonsense. That's what usually happens.

    2 I've never quite understood why money boys in Thailand take the taxi everywhere. I manage to get almost everywhere on public transport.
    Meanwhile, on a fraction of the income, money boys travel by taxi. Then when they do get home, they use the time saved to sleep or play with the phone.

    If a lad asked me for taxi money, I would tell him to take the bus. If he didn't want to do that, I would say no. Assuming that asking me to send money either is a scam or he's so disorganised that he won't be worth bothering with if he does show up.



    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.