Man eats crocodile
Recently, Took Lae Dee (ถูกและดี = "cheap and good", restaurant in Foodland) had several dishes with crocodile meat on offer, which serves as another "misleading headlines" just like the previous post "A tree fell down in Cambodia". 
I had the "Crocodile Nuggets Served with Spinach and Fried Potato", and found it good (as everything I had at Took Lae Dee).
That made me think, which other unusual food did I eat or do I know of? I posted on a similar subject here https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2017/10/incredible-edible.html, now some additions.
Shark
I had shark in 2012 in France, but I wouldn't eat shark fin or whale for ethical reasons.
Duck
I don't eat duck for religious reasons. As a child, I used to believe in Donald Duck.
Dog
I saw dog being prepared for consumption in Cambodia. I wouldn't eat dog.
Cat
When I asked my loyal reader Vinapu "Do you like cats?", he replied "I like all animals if they are well roasted". Another friend once mentioned that near a restaurant in Paris, a large number of cat skeletons were found buried, and the only explanation is that the restaurant served cats as hare/rabbit.
Bird nest
Bird nest is widely available in SEAsia, but I haven't eaten it for the following reasons: expensive, no nutritional value, no minerals or vitamins.
Ostrich
I had ostrich in Germany in an ostrich farm.
Emu and Kangaroo
A friend had emu and kangaroo at an Australian Steak House in Germany.
Filet of Sole
I
once read somewhere (but couldn't find any confirmation on the
internet) that Salvador Dali was asked about his favorite animal and
replied "Filet of Sole".
Animals in China
A Chinese-Malaysian friend once told me: "Chinese eat everything with four legs, except chairs and tables, and everything that flies, except airplanes". A variation is "everything that has his back towards the sky".
Copyright 2022 ChristianPFC
Blog about sightseeing, public transport and gay life in Thailand. Not politically correct. May contain explicit description of homosexual activities and strong language as a stylistic means. If that offends you, you can go here: http://www.imbecile.me/
Monday, 2 May 2022
Man eats crocodile
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I confirm my statement cited above and I find duck my favorite meat. No, I don't believe in neither Donald Duck nor Donald Trump
ReplyDeleteI also heard "if Adam and Eve had been Chinese, they would have eaten the snake"
ReplyDelete