Wednesday, 15 March 2023

Dating Thai Boys (96) Scam police control

Dating Thai Boys (96) Scam police control

A Farang friend had the following experience and wrote it down to warn others: 

Guess who got scammed on Hornet? Me! Twice, in fact (same scam) - the second time late last night. Undoubtedly the same scumbag, but he was using different accounts on Hornet. Needless to say, I deleted those accounts from both Hornet and then Line.

The scam? He had arranged to meet me in my room saying (when I asked) that he had his own motorcycle and that he had ‘popper’. Both times, he sent me a picture of his motorcycle in motion (on the way from Lat Phrao), supposedly on the way to come to my room. That I suppose, should have been the first red flag! Thirty minutes later, I get a message that he had been stopped by the police. Along with the message was a picture of the police stopping a motorcyclist on the road. Five minutes later, yet another message saying the police were asking for money. Yeah, right! Same scenario, both times.

I knew immediately that it was a scam, but the first time this happened a few weeks ago, he actually sent me a pic of some police sitting at a desk in a police station. He called me and said he needed 1,000 baht, that the police would drive him to my room to collect the money. I told him, NO WAY! He then called again saying he was going to send the police if I didn’t send transfer money to his account. Someone else called, and said he was a policeman (young sounding). I told him I didn’t care who he was and that I had absolutely nothing to do with the police and hung up. I deleted the SCUMBAG I had met on Hornet. Deleted him from Line, as well.

And then yesterday, same thing. Picture of motorcycle in motion on the road. Then a message saying he had been stopped by the police with a picture of the police on the road. Then another message saying the police were asking for money. This time, just last night, I immediately deleted this SCUMBAG from Hornet and Line and went to sleep. You may add this story in your blog and share it with others.

So, a word of advice: if you ever arrange to meet someone and get messages and pictures like what I have described above, delete them immediately. And never give out your room number in advance. In hindsight, I probably should have never given him my room number the first time. Or anybody else for that matter.

Your thoughts???? 


Attempted scam, no money changed hands, so far just a waste of time and aggravation. Never send money in advance to someone you haven't met yet, but that was not the issue here, this scam works slightly different. I  haven't heard or read of this before. The scammer probably never left the room, no effort on his side over the scam of asking for money in advance.

Years, ago, in Mahasarakham, a boy was on his way to me by mocy and there were delays. He wrote he got into a police check, but didn't ask me for anything. I haven't heard from him afterwards. From chat before I pegged him as unreliable.

Years ago, a boy who was not my type (and issues judging by chat) was desperate to meet me and threatened to report me to police and have me deported if I don't meet him.

I give out my room number as late as possible. One might argue it's better to meet in a public place first, but when I come back to my room, I take a shower and stay in towel and don't want to dress (would have to take off later), therefore I appreciate it if someone comes to my room.

But if a boy asks early in chat for room number with intention to come to see me, I give it to him. That lead to awkward situations twice: A had my room number, but meeting failed. So I hooked up with B, and there was a slight chance that A comes knocking on my door (hours late, without messaging me in advance) while I'm with B. I once had a date in Kanchanaburi and he had my room number, but it dragged on and I went to  bed, only to be woken up an hour later by a knock on door.

Copyright 2023 ChristianPFC and Farang friend

1 comment:

  1. 1 I usually only give out my room number to people I know.
    2 I prefer to meet people outside the hotel. Then if they are not as advertised on the app, we can easily say goodbye.

    If anyone gets stopped by the police, that's their responsibility, not mine.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.