Sometimes I come across bathroom sinks from hell.
I wonder if the engineer ever used one.
The most common issue is that the faucet is too short and my hands will touch the porcelain (which I don't like) and I can't fill a water bottle.
Addendum 17nov2019:
Sink in new Sake gay disco. The water tap on the left side is so low that there is not enough space vertically to wash your hands without touching porcelain or faucet. In all other cases, the lack of space was horizontally.
Another issue is that the sink is all round (and slippery when wet), can't put anything without danger of it slipping into sink or falling out. An issue I have already touched in
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2018/03/my-favorite-hotels-in-thailand.html
Is the following artistic or a misconstruction?
(Somewhere I took a picture where the faucet was rectangular, so could hurt your skin on the sharp edge. I can't find the picture but will insert when I find it.)
Some more without picture: There is a lever without indication if you have to turn it or pull it to turn on the water.
The lever is counter-intuitive. I.e. when it is perpendicular to the faucet, water is on; and when it is parallel, water is off.
Single-lever mixer taps without indication where hot and where cold water is (mostly a problem in the shower, have to let the water run a while to find out if it will be hot or cold water; but I found a life hack: the pressure for hot water is usually a bit lower).
Copyright 2019 ChristianPFC

I suspect your are right in your suspicion hat whoever installed them never used those faucetts
ReplyDeleteSorry, I fell into confusion over the fact you would want to fill your water bottle at a sink in Thailand, or am I missing something
ReplyDeleteI drink tap water in Thailand and everywhere else in South-East Asia. In the mountains far away and above human settlements water from streams. In Germany water from lake. If fishes swim in it, it can support life and I can drink it. I built up a resistance over years. Not recommended for people with weak stomach.
DeleteAddendum in post: first case that there is not enough space vertically between faucet and porcelain.
As a loyal reader…I say STOP DOING THAT. Free water is not a rational justification.
DeleteAnd more about faucets and wash basins: often the faucet is not well connected to the wash basins and when opening/closing the valve/lever/tap, the whole faucet will move.
ReplyDeleteSometimes the wash basin is not directly connected to sewer, but empties on bathroom floor. That is a problem when peeing in the bathroom sink.
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/06/oh-my-god-19-urine-repellant-paint.html
I once took a picture where an odor trap was attached the wrong way, will post when I find it.