Aircraft as decoration in Cambodia
Old aircraft are extensively used as decoration in Thailand (hundreds at air force bases, airports, airplane cafes, museums), but there are only few in Cambodia. The only ones I know of:
1. Helicopter in Phnom Penh
2. Aircraft in Sihanoukville
3. Crash site in Aoral mountain
4. Airplane cafe in Kampong Trach
Update: airplane house in Siem Reap, Phnom Penh 11.527 104.823,
https://cne.wtf/2021/10/25/mig-21-mf-7121-museum-move/
1. Helicopter in Phnom Penh
At a wedding studio ? at the corner of street 128 and 125. I will leave the identification of this and the following to my readers (i.e. I don't know the manufacturer and model).
2. Aircraft in Sihanoukville
On the roof of Classic Bar & Coffee House. Judging by pictures on google maps, there used to be a collection/museum of cars, but when I went (jul2021), building closed and empty as far as I could see.
3. Crash site in Aoral mountain
Not an aircraft as decoration, but now a minor tourist attraction, so it fits in here as well. I haven't been, details and pictures at:
Exploring the Kingdom’s highest mountain peak in Kampong Speu (28 August 2019)
https://www.phnompenhpost.com/travel/exploring-kingdoms-highest-mountain-peak-kampong-speu
Oral History (December 26, 2015) (Oral=Aoral name of mountain)
https://english.cambodiadaily.com/features/oral-history-103990/
https://aviation-safety.net/database/record.php?id=19740308-0
(Aviation Safety Network, Friday 8 March 1974, Antonov An-24 Operator: Pathet Lao Airlines)
4. Airplane cafe in Kampong Trach
Not an aircraft, just a model of an aircraft. My pictures from dec2021. The design and construction are of a disarming naivety. North of hwy 33, 3 km West of Kampong Trach, 33 km East of Kampot at 10.555,104.4474.
‘Plane cafe’ aims to attract tourists to Kampot (October 8, 2021)
https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50948181/plane-cafe-aims-to-attract-tourists-to-kampot/
Copyright 2022 ChristianPFC
at least somebody had some idea of how to look different with that red plane replica
ReplyDelete