7-Eleven imitations
Here the original, in form of a stand-alone, purpose-built 7-Eleven in rural Thailand, with advertising sign on tall pole and parking (15 min free parking for customers). Judging by what I saw during my travels, thousands of these have been built over the last years.
In
towns, 7-Eleven are mostly in premises that were constructed for
different purposes. Deviations from that formula are rare, e.g. a
two-story 7-Eleven on Jomtien beach and
The World’s Biggest 7-Eleven in Pattaya, Thailand https://www.cktravels.com/largest-7-eleven-pattaya-thailand/
We Went To The Biggest 7-Eleven In The World
https://fb.watch/kfjfpJX8Xo/ (video)
The following picture with misspelling 7-EVELEn was on social media, but when I went to that place it was spelled correctly. Note as well that n is lower case, all other letters are upper case in ELEVEn.
Another misspelling 7-EVELYN from internet, but even if spelt correctly it would be clearly be an imitation.
7-Seven in Sihanoukville (10.6162, 103.5276 corner 7 Makara = Street 200 to Street 106). They don't understand that 7-Eleven originally referred to the opening times? I went in and bought a drink, receipt as well says 7-Seven.
Some more pictures I took in Cambodia. Some are clearly imitations, for others you could argue if three stripes of different colors, or same outer colors, is an imitation. However, in all supermarkets in Germany, France and England I have never see such stripes. On the other hand, 7-Eleven first opened in 2021 in Cambodia, enough time to become recognizable and find imitators?
The last two you could argue are inspired the the flag of India (picture of Indian embassy in Phnom Penh).
More 7-Eleven imitations in Cambodia, pictures from internet.
Update on above 9 eleven (corner st63 and st240). I passed 10may2023, the shop is closed and the sign gone, but you can still see the name on shop front. On google maps streetview, you can see it when it was operating.
7-Eleven imitations from a recent trip to Vietnam. I don't recall seeing a 7-Eleven in Vietnam, but according to internet there are some. I will have to look for them next time!
More copies/imitations.
T-shirt 7 inches (limp).
He was around on gay online dating in Bangkok and Pattaya, screenshot from 2016 with just 7-Eleven tattoo on abdomen. Last pictures I saw of him a few years ago, body plastered with tattoos and didn't age well.
Copyright 2023 ChristianPFC except pictures from internet









No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.