Gay activities Taiwan Nov2019
Exchange rate at time of posting: 1 EUR = 34 TWD, 1 USD = 30 TWD, 1000
THB = 998 TWD.
Tue5nov2019
Flight Hong Kong to Taipei.
I booked a bed in a dormitory online (cheap at about 200 NTD per night) and when I open the door to
the dormitory I rejoice: it looks like the individual beds are separated by
wall and door from each other!
But when I open the door: SHOCK! There are two beds, and the
lower is already occupied!
This “room” is 1.5 m x 2.0 m = 3 sqm. Normally I get that
close only to family members of first degree or sexual partners. Now I have to
share it with a stranger!
They have double rooms (a mattress surrounded by three walls) and single rooms, but the wall does not reach the ceiling so even in a single or double room there is no privacy.
Soi13in sauna 19:54-21:52. Entry price raised to 600 NTD
(from 500 last time I went). About 100 customers when I enter, about 50 when I
leave. One clear hit and several bordercases, none of them interested.
At 600 NTD it’s expensive for the prospect of sex, in an
unfavorable environment (I prefer a room and a bed). I rather get a money boy
in Bangkok for 500 THB.
Wed6nov2019 Taipei
Peace Park at night 21:08-22:00. In the northern part
general public, southern part about 20-30 cruising. One cute, we exchange looks
and I chat him up. Little English, fluent in Chinese, only when I look at his
phone screen (Vietnamese) and he tells me he is Vietnamese I find out that he
is not local but visiting student. Stays in dorm with 5, and I can’t bring
anyone back, so the question “your room or my room” doesn’t even arise.
Thu7nov2019 Taipei
Peace Park to meet Richard again. Arrive 19:42, about
20 boys. Besides studying, he works in hairdressing and massage (rejoice), but
no private rooms (bummer).
Fri8nov2019 Taipei
Last trip (on 12apr2019) I met Jack in Soi13in sauna, and
for lack of elsewhere to go we went to the sauna again, just to use their
private rooms (but still expensive 500 entry each, and poor light, no bed,
noise from outside). To have somewhere nicer, I booked a hotel for two nights
in Shilin (near his place) at 1600 NTD per night. The most expensive I have
ever paid for hotel in my life.
Arrive there in the evening and can't find it! No clear sign outside, and houses have no numbers displayed. I have to ask locals at the night market in front of where my hotel is supposed to be, and they point me to the right door.
The room is spartan: no chair, no table, no wardrobe, no clothes hanger, the only furniture is the bed. The accommodation situation in Taiwan is dire (summary of several trips)!
Jack is sick with fever and cancels. The most expensive
cancellation ever.
Sat9nov2019 Taipei
Visit Richard at his workplace and have hair wash and head massage (350
NTD). I scheduled my visit so it’s shortly before closing, but he has other plans
and cannot come with me.
On the way home, message him if we can do full body massage next time we
meet; reply “That will be expensive.”
Sun10nov2019 Taipei
Move to another hotel (at 800 NTD per night cheaper and closer to Dennis). Chat with a local on hornet and meet at night market. Bordercase on pictures, and now clearly too fat
and too hairy.
Mon11nov2019 Taipei
The hotel has thin walls (a general problem in Taipei),
first sound of children in hallway, then sound of cleaning staff.
Dennis comes to my room, the first encounter that went to
plan. However sharp teeth and a bit hairy.
Tue12nov2019
Flight Taipei to Bangkok.
For information on Taiwan read here as well:
Summary: Sex-wise a disaster! Short-time accommodation too expensive (hotel) or lack of privacy (dormitory).
1 free sex: Dennis.
1 cancellation: Jack.
3 no sex: Richard x 3, boy from hornet.
1 gay sauna: Soi13in.
2 gay cruising in Peace Park.
Copyright 2020 ChristianPFC
so it looks we need to say again:
ReplyDelete"long live Thailand, long live Bangkok "
I had a different experience in Taiwan. Hotel about 80usd, very nice and close to gay bars. Had good luck meeting guys around the Red House area.
ReplyDeleteMy experiences in Taipei were always great. Lots of fun in the bars at Red House, air bnb for about 40 euros nearby.got overrun by messages on grindr.
ReplyDeleteTry Tainan. Cheaper hotels, even hornier boys.
Your experience doesn't mirror mine (I have been to TW twice; both visits were excellent with plenty of free sex with local guys; I have no interest in saunas). Plenty of good and reasonably priced Airbnb choices in Ximending/around Red House Sq. I confirm that outside Taipei hotel rates are in general are cheaper and very reasonable. I will go back in Oct for the pride.
ReplyDelete