Words of Praise: Publications about temples
Books, magazine and facebook group
I recently (Fri11oct2019) bought these two books at 24th Book Expo Thailand in Muang Thong Thani Impact Challenger Hall 2. https://www.bangkokpost.com/life/social-and-lifestyle/1762269/novel-ideas-at-book-expo-thailand
ทำเนียบพระพุทธไสยาสน์ ในเขตกรุงเทพมหานคร
The book is in Thai language. My translation:
Reclining Buddha statues in Bangkok
About 30 cm x 22 cm, 193 pages. ISBN 978-616-283-158-4
https://bookshop.finearts.go.th/book-detail/315/ทำเนียบพระพุทธไสยาสน์ในเขตกรุงเทพมหานคร
ทำเนียบพระพุทธไสยาสน์ ในเขตภาคตะวันออก
The book is in Thai language. My translation:
Reclining Buddha statues in Eastern Thailand
About 30 cm x 22 cm, 239 pages. ISBN 978-616-283-296-3
Beautiful pictures and very well presented, and at 250 and 260 THB a bargain!
And in a Temple I visited, I found this magazine:
เที่ยววัด ทำบุญ เมษายน2562 my translation:
Visit temples to make merit April 2019
261 mm x 382 mm, 20 pages including front and back cover.
All articles are in Thai and English, some even in Chinese.
The contents is accessible for free online:
http://www.dconnectmagazine.com/category/e-book/
But I want them in print, I would even pay.
Addendum 9feb2020: another magazine that I have one printed copy of, and available online here:
https://issuu.com/sblmagazine/docs/74-kanchanaburi
By chance, on facebook, I found this page ด่านซ้ายไทเลย
https://www.facebook.com/watch/Dansai.Magazine/
(all in Thai) which has videos about interesting temples, e.g.
วัดภูตะเภาทอง
https://www.facebook.com/Dansai.Magazine/videos/1644036599071843/
วัดที่สูงที่สุดในประเทศไทย มีความงดงาม วัดป่าภูทับเบิก
https://www.facebook.com/Dansai.Magazine/videos/2688358327900064/
วัดห้วยเดื่อ อำเภอท่าลี่ จังหวัดเลย
https://www.facebook.com/Dansai.Magazine/videos/2937636476281728/
วัดป่าภูทับเบิก จังหวัดเพชรบูรณ์
https://www.facebook.com/Dansai.Magazine/videos/1006874316337268/
Addendum language note: ด่านซ้ายไทเลย Dan Sai Thai Loei is the name of an ethnic minority and their language in Loei province. Dan Sai is a district in Loei province famous for the Ghost Festival Phi Ta Khon ผีตาโขน.
Copyright 2020 ChristianPFC
as one famous gay Thai blogger once said ' day without visiting temple is day lost"
ReplyDelete