Boeing 747 in Thailand
A list and pictures of Boeing 747 used as decoration in Thailand. Previous posts in this series: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2016/01/aircraft-used-as-decoration-1.html and https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2016/05/aircraft-used-as-decoration-2.html
Bangkok Latkrabang 747 Cafe
One wing is accessible and there are stairs to, and a platform inside, where the engine used to be.
Bangkok Ramkhamhaeng gone
It's gone now (last seen on google earth xxx), and I don't know where it went. Pictures here: https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2016/01/aircraft-used-as-decoration-1.html
Pattaya Runway88
Was stored in parts on a field outside Pattaya for years:
https://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2017/09/airplane-construction-kit-in-pattaya-on.html Now between Pattaya Soi 5 and 6. Pictures from 2022 and 2023, might now be open to public as a restaurant.
Nakon Pathom
At the junction of hwy346 and hwy375 at 14.039, 100.094. Pictures from Jul2016, I don't know the current status (accessible to public?). Update: Meeting Market Boeing 747. Imagine you drive along the highway, an airplane is appearing on the horizon and it's getting closer and closer:
Nakon Ratchasima Airplane Park
Used as a cafe. So far, this is the only airplane there. Is "airplane park" meant singular or plural? Elsewhere there are parks with several.
Ubon Ratchathani University
15.237, 104.82. The same situation as in Nakon Pathom. You are driving along the road, and then you realize you are driving directly onto this:
Not clear what it will be used for. The pale red letters are "Ratchathani University Demonstration School RTUDS". I first noticed this airplane in Jan2019. When I passed there in Nov2023, construction work was going on, allowing me a look inside. Lower deck and upper deck; cockpit was locked.
Thanks to a friend for all aerial pictures in this post. That's all Boeing 747 that I know of in Thailand. Many more airplanes used as decoration, even entire airplane parks, but no Boeing 747 there. Why do all airplanes in this post and others in Thailand had their engines removed?
Update: Nong Khai 17.8528, 102.7512 at Chic Chic Market.
Elsewhere in the world
https://simpleflying.com/what-can-you-do-with-a-retired-boeing-747/
https://inhabitat.com/boeing-747-airplane-restaurant-sits-abandoned-in-korea/
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/275071489713811134/
https://aviationhumor.net/the-worlds-first-boeing-747-converted-to-a-restaurant/
https://simpleflying.com/lufthansa-boeing-747-coach-airways-retail-outlet/
Copyright 2024 ChristianPFC

I guess there was too much money to be made from selling the inside parts of the engine.. Thats why (i guess) the engines were removed.
ReplyDelete