Wednesday, 30 January 2019

Gay activities year 2018 in review


Gay activities year 2018 in review

After years of toiling, and looking for alternatives to Thailand as the results here do not justify the effort I put in, finally the turnaround! And finally reaping the benefits of learning the language, dating-wise. Most Thai boys I meet now do not speak English, and if I didn't speak Thai, communication would be awkward and difficult.

I wish I could tell my readers the secret to my success, but I don’t know why 2018 was so much better than the years before.

Places or activities to find gay sex, paid or free, with success rate:

Bangkok Gogo bars 0%
Visit only when friends are in town, and without intention of offing. Prices are prohibitive.

Gay discos 15%
In the course of 2018, I went about 20 times to gay discos (mostly in Bangkok, some in Pattaya). From memory, out of these 20 visits:
2 cute boys chat me up in the disco and still there reveal they are money boy.
1 cute boy reveals he is money boy when I plan to meet him a few days later.
1 cute boy still chatting months after meeting in disco.
1 cute boy in DJ station meet a few days later, all positive. Several repeats.
1 cute boy in Sake meet a few days later, all positive.
1 cute boy came with my after the disco on 23jun2018, all positive.

Those statistics are even worse than gay saunas! But with a bit of alcohol, I feel neither bored nor tired, and I saw some boys I knew from online in discos. For 2019, continue going to discos, but without much expectation.

Gay massage 20%
About 20 massages, and the success rate remains at about 1 out of 5 massages and/or afters good.

Gay saunas in Thailand 25%
Jan 6 sauna visits, 0 sex
Feb 2 sauna visits, 0 sex
Mar-Apr-May in Taiwan (see Taiwan report, numbers not included here)
Jun 6 sauna visits, 3 sex (of which one 2 days later in my room)
Jul in Germany
Aug 1 sauna visit, 1 sex
Sep 3 sauna visits, 1 sex
Oct 2 sauna visits, 0 sex
Nov 1 sauna visit, 0 sex
Dec 1 sauna visits, 0 sex
Sum 20 sauna visits, 5 sex
Following findings from 2017 and 2018 (time and money spent is not worth the results), I cut drown sauna visits from 100 to 20 per year. The success rate remains about the same, about 1 encounter in 4 sauna visits.

Overall, time and money spent cannot justify the results. Even fewer visits in 2019.

Online dating 60%
Those 60% is the product of 80% chance to meet the boy, and then 70% the boy is my type. The occasional no-show is compensated by sometimes having two boys in one night in a hotel (one boy at night, the other in the morning).

Traveling out of Bangkok and staying in a hotel, and 80% chance to meet the boy, and 70% chance that the sex is good, is a big investment in time and money from my side. Better have some other boys nearby to compensate for the 20% who do not show up, or have some sightseeing to make it worth the trip.

2018 brought a breakthrough in online dating. Part of that is using blued (more active than hornet in some areas), and part is gay groups on facebook (in Thai language), and part is visiting boys in their home provinces.

Boys in the provinces are more eager to meet for free (the occasional money or gift request is easily brushed away), and my explanation is the following: in Bangkok, there is ample choice of entertainment for both sides. Nobody wants to commit, because something better can come along, and if a chance is missed today, another will come tomorrow. In the provinces, there is nothing interesting to do, and when I go to meet a boy for sex, that is his highlight of the week!

Online dating and meeting boys in the provinces is where I will continue to put my energy in 2019!

Pattaya Gogo bars 80%
On all trips I had a good time and felt that I received value for money. Chances for good sex are 80%, (which is the highest of all, but most of it is paid, so I pursue other ways to get free sex). I have several regulars, those 80% mean that out of 5 new boys I meet in Pattaya, 4 are worth a repeat.

Increased number of visits (when going with Farang friend by his car one night, when going alone by bus two nights) to 8 over the year, and considering that I spent 8 full months in Thailand in 2018, my target of an average of 1 visit per month is reached!

Previous years: 12 in 2014, 5 in 2015, 6 in 2016, 6 in 2017, 8 in 2018. 

Free and paid sex
Jan 4 free, 7 paid = 6,400
Feb 4 free, 2 paid = 2,200
Mar-Apr-May in Taiwan 5 free, 0 paid
(Those free are in my room or hotel room, sauna encounters not included; whereas Thailand sauna encounters are included in free sex.)
Jun 15 free, 6 paid = 4,700
Jul in Germany
Aug 9 free, 8 paid = 7,200
Sep 14 free, 4 paid = 2,300
Oct 12 free, 3 paid = 2,000
Nov 15 free, 4 paid = 2,515
Dec 14 free, 3 paid = 1,700
Sum 92 free, 37 paid = 29,015 THB.
And that’s just direct payments to the boys, not including travel expenses, drinks, off fees in case of taking boys from bars.

For/Four years (2013-2016), the ratio paid to free was 2:1, then in 2017 1:1, and 2018 1:2.

Boyfriend candidates 2018

See here for gay activities year 2017 in review:

Copyright 2019 ChristianPFC

3 comments:

  1. Clearly your boy hunting strategy is suitable for somebody domesticated in Thailand as average sex tourist can' afford spending all that time combing apps and travelling to province is pursue of short time nirvana.

    There's trade because all that money spent on paid encounters seems like buying not only bodies but also time, precious vacation time.

    You made good use of your assets- speaking Thai, having time and being local.

    Now we are waiting for an announcement that finally suitable Boyfriend Candidate become THE BOYFRIEND

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian
    I am amazed that your only thing to do in (and out of) Thailand is sex. Is there any life outside this particular activity?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading my blog gives a wrong impression about my life. Besides sex, I pursue a lot of other activities: traveling, hiking, visiting temples, museums, national parks, exhibitions, studying Chinese. However, these subjects are covered elsewhere on the internet, and I assume most of my readers are more interested in my sex life than which temples I went to. I can be one of many writing about temples, festivals, sightseeing; or I can be the world’s most prolific and most read gay Thailand blogger.

      Delete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.