National Museum of Royal Barges
พิพิธภัณฑสถานแห่งชาติ เรือพระราชพิธี
Location:
13.761955, 100.484557 = 13°45'43.0"N 100°29'04.4"E
Easily accessible by bus 19, 57, 91, 127, 146, 149, 157, 169, 177. From main road (Thanon Arun Amarin ถนนอรุณอมรินทร์) it's about 300 m walk, with many turns, through a slum. Signs at every turn. The museum has a pier, but no public boats stops there.
Open 9-17 every day, entry 100 Baht, for taking pictures additional 100 Baht.
All explanations are in English and Thai.
The museum seen from the pier (high water level in Nov):
I went with a friend, we spent half an hour in the museum, and there were few other visitors.
When passing on main road, I spotted royal barges on the western side (the museum is on eastern side), and satellite image shows royal barges in the open (the museum I went to is the large white/metal roof, there might be another with the multiple small red rooves/roofs, requires further reseach):
further reading:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Museum_of_Royal_Barges
http://www.bangkok.com/attraction-museum/royal-barges-museum.htm
update 2mar2017: the other museum has a website
พิพิธภัณฑ์อู่เรือหลวงเฉลิมพระเกียรติ ๘๔ พรรษา
http://www.rtnd-museum.com/
Copyright 2017 ChristianPFC
"When driving on main road by bus,"
ReplyDeleteChange to "When riding on main road by bus, "
You are not the driver :)
Thanks. I clearly remember, I made the same mistake before. Changed from "When driving on main road by bus" to "When passing on main road".
Deletebus 19 is ceased since by now at least 7-8 yrs.
ReplyDelete169 is changed company and route and not there anymore.
Also bus 710-always free, but no sensible connection to anywhere for the usual tourist.
Surprised that a geizkragen like yuou (or has that chanegd?) had paid and not taken use of the free entry after his Majesties death till 31/1 for all state-musea
The bus lines I quoted are from bus map. All I can personally confirm is that 149 passes. I've never seen bus 710, where does it go? Please share more about Bangkok buses.
DeleteLook at the time stamps, I went there in November.