Sunday, 24 September 2017

Airplane construction kit in Pattaya on hwy 7

Airplane construction kit in Pattaya on hwy 7

There is a disassembled airplane about 150 m north of highway 7 (Chonburi - Pattaya) at km 121.3, easily visible from the highway (is on google street view Aug 2016, but not on satellite view).
12.952723,100.946730 = 12.952723, 100.946730
Less than 1 km by air from Million Years Stone Park.







Part of it are used as shelter or living areas. And the moment I concluded the line of thought: "if there is someone living here, there must be dogs around" I heard the dog growling. Fortunately it was not a vicious dog, and I'm not afraid of dogs, and I had gathered all material I need for a post, so I made a slow retreat.


 

Aerial pictures by a friend's drone:





Update 7mar2022: It seems this airplane was assembled to become Runway 88 International Street Food Plaza in North Pattaya (where NAB Men Club used to be). I can't match any of the markings on the construction kit with the assembled, however there are white spaces on the assembled. Google Earth matches: Nov2020 construction kit is there, North Pattaya is empty; Jan2021 construction kit is gone, airplane is in North Pattaya.




Copyright 2017-2022 ChristianPFC

2 comments:

  1. This airliner started life with CP Air in 1974. The Orange Air markings are still visible, when she flew for that airline of Sierra Leone. The 747 last flew with Orient Thai and was abandoned when the airline went bankrupt. She will be "reassembled," probably as a restaurant or hotel. Such repurposed airliners can be seen in Thailand, Indonesia, and the Philippines. Pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment. It seems she has been assembled in North Pattaya to become Runway 88. Details in update in post.

      Delete

Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.