Makha Bucha day at Wat Phra Thammakaya (วันมาฆบูชา วัดพระธรรมกาย)
Friday, 14.02.2014 (for the same event last year see recent post, in this post only changes over the year)
15:57 board bus 29 free in Lak Si, drives past National Memorial, Zeer Rangsit, Chokchai Museum, arrive Future Rangsit 16:23
walk around, then take taxi 16:32-49 to 100 year building in Wat Phra Thammakaya (13 km, 100 THB, certainly advisable compared to bus 1008 which takes about an hour)
The 100 year building is about 80% complete now (last year only begin of construction):
funny food-themed fountains:
before entering the cloister:
in the cloister, the front area is full of people, but the back area is empty:
About 17:30, there is an announcement in English. I finally made it to the last dome, but it is not open to public:
I had a walk along the outer corner of the cloister, it took me 10 min 25 sec normal walking from one end to the other, which means side lenght of about 1000 m (by google maps) is correct, which means this cloister is a square with 1 km outer side length!
Sun sets, I stay until begin of candle lighting ceremony and leave 19:00. At the entrance (25 minutes walk), I immediately get a taxi back home.
The dome near the entrance now has water fountain, lit at night:
(end of post)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.