Welcome Pub Bangkok Patthanakan Soi 16
เวลคัม ผับ พัฒนาการ ซอย 16
Lesser known gay venues (3) เวลคัม ผับ พัฒนาการ ซอย 16
Welcome Pub used to be in Sukhumvit Soi 71:
http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/01/welcome-pub-bangkok-sukhumvit-soi-71.html
In Aug 2015, I learnt from a Thai friend that they moved to Pattanakarn Soi 16. In Sep 2015, I drove past (Sukhumvit 71) in a taxi, the entire block has been torn down. Now, I found a facebook profile with map that still points to the old location: https://www.facebook.com/welcomepub
It's not in Soi 16, but on main road between Soi 14 and 16:
13.7380914,100.6073243 = 13°44'17.1"N 100°36'26.4"E
Coming from Sathorn/Silom/Sukhuvit, it's just past the Ramintra-At Narong elevated tollway and Tawan Daeng Sad Saeng Duan, next to pedestrian overpass.
Friday 27.11.2015
Arrive 00:43 (i.e. Saturday morning). Soda water 100 Baht (plus glass with ice). Estimated 50 to 100 customers, could house 200. Few chairs, I had to stand all the time. Music a bit too loud, aircon a bit too cold.
Show starts 01:00. Ladyboy lipsync plus four boys dancing, then another ladyboy lipsync, then comedy. Coyote Boy soda show 01:18-32. 5 boys, none of them caught my eye. Then happy birthday for 3 different customers. Leave 02:05. Overall underwhelming.
Outside view from Patthanakarn (handrail of pedestrian overpass on left side):
Mirrored and decorated selfie corner (now in all Thai style gay discos, much more elaborate elsewhere):
Copyright 2015 ChristianPFC
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments are currently unmoderated and open to everyone. I will see how this works out and might switch to moderation. Please sign your comment with a name or identifier.