Wat Pleng (not abandoned any more) in Nonthaburi province
วัดเพลงร้าง ต.บางขนุน อ.บางกรวย จ.นนทบุรี
I saw pictures of this temple overgrown by trees:
source: http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/วัดเพลง_(นนทบุรี)
There are other temples of similar names nearby; ร้าง means abandoned. But what I found was this:
It clearly once was abandoned, but has been restored.
Location:
13°48'53.5"N 100°28'00.7"E 13.814861, 100.466861
Satellite view clearly shows the building with roof and no trees around. 2.4 km by road from Wat Chalor.
http://2g.pantip.com/cafe/gallery/topic/G8523755/G8523755.html
(many good quality picture from overgrown temple)
http://www.tourismthailand.org/See-and-Do/Sights-and-Attractions-Detail/Wat-Pleng--2224
http://th.wikipedia.org/wiki/วัดเพลง_(นนทบุรี)
http://www.yellowpages.co.th/nonthaburi-city/TH/content/pages/wat-pleng_06252012_s.aspx (in Thai)
During preparation of this post, I found hints for another abandoned temple วัดสักน้อย (ร้าง) nearby:
http://www.chomthai.com/board/index.php?topic=365.0
http://61-91-7-141.static.asianet.co.th/forum/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=700280&p=9119371
Satellite view shows trees around. Seems I went to the wrong place (based on wrong or incomplete information), have to go again some day.
Copyright 2015 ChristianPFC
Blog about sightseeing, public transport and gay life in Thailand. Not politically correct. May contain explicit description of homosexual activities and strong language as a stylistic means. If that offends you, you can go here: http://www.imbecile.me/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Is it "any more" or "anymore"? lol
ReplyDeleteI was not aware of the difference, thank you for bringing it up. I meant to say "any more" = "any longer" and not "anymore" = "nowadays". It's more a matter of style or regional variations of English than right or wrong.
ReplyDeletehttp://dictionary.cambridge.org/grammar/british-grammar/any-more-or-anymore
http://alt-usage-english.org/anymore.html
http://www.grammarly.com/handbook/grammar/adjectives-and-adverbs/13/anymore-vs-any-more/